No. 19 Florida State women top No. 14 UNC 80-73Sunday, Feb 17, 2013
It was the first victory for the Seminoles (20-5, 10-4) over a team in the top 15 since Feb. 1, 2010—when they beat then-No. 13 North Carolina 83-73.
Rodriguez scored five points during a 9-0 run early in the second half that gave the Seminoles a 47-41 lead.
The Tar Heels (23-4, 11-3) got within one, 47-46, after five consecutive points by Xylina McDaniel, but Florida State never lost the lead.
Florida State committed just 13 turnovers. North Carolina’s ACC opponents had been averaging 23.5 per game.
Natasha Howard had 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Seminoles, and Alexa Deluzio had 15 points.
McDaniel scored 25 points to pace North Carolina. Tierra Ruffin-Pratt and Waltiea Rolle scored 14 each.
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28