GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP)—Jasmine Hassell scored 16 points and grabbed 16 rebounds as No. 13 Georgia defeated Florida 62-57 Sunday, ending a streak of nine wins by the home team in this Southeastern Conference series.
A jumper with 1:56 left by Jasmine James, who had 12 points for the Lady Bulldogs (21-4, 9-3), broke a 55-55 tie, the 10th deadlock in the game.
Khaalidah Miller added a 3-pointer with 39 seconds remaining to make it 60-55, and James added two free throws at the 6-second mark before the Gators (15-11, 4-8) added a final basket.
Florida led by as many as 12 points, 24-12, in the first half, but Georgia tied it with a 12-0 run and took a 30-28 lead at halftime.
Miller made 3 of 7 shots from 3-point range to finish with nine points for Georgia.
Jennifer George had 17 points, Jaterra Bonds 14 and Christin Mercer 12 for Florida.
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points