COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP)—Kelsey Bone had 31 points and 10 rebounds Thursday night to help No. 11 Texas A&M beat Florida 78-71 and pull into a tie with Tennessee for the Southeastern Conference lead.
Kristi Bellock scored 13 points and Adrienne Pratcher had 12 points and five assists for the Aggies (20-5, 10-1 SEC), who have won eight in a row. Texas A&M never trailed and held a 39-27 edge on the boards.
Jaterra Bonds had 17 points and eight assists, Lily Svete scored 15 on five 3-pointers, and January Miller finished with 11 points for the Gators (15-10, 4-7).
The only previous meeting between the new conference rivals was in the 1994 NCAA tournament, when the Aggies won 78-76 in a first-round game.
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61