NC State women upend No. 19 Florida State 76-69Thursday, Feb 14, 2013
Len’Nique Brown added 13 points, nine assists and seven rebounds for the Wolfpack (13-12, 5-8 Atlantic Coast Conference), who shot 52.6 percent (30 of 57) in their first road win over a ranked team since 2006.
Burke scored seven points, including the 1,000th of her career, during an 11-3 Wolfpack run to start the second half that gave them a 47-38 lead.
The Seminoles (19-5, 9-4) got within four, 65-61, with 4:50 left, but Burke hit a layup and N.C. State led by at least six after that.
Markeisha Gatling added 14 points and Marissa Kastanek 11 for the Wolfpack.
Leonor Rodriguez scored 26 points and Natasha Howard had 16 points and 10 rebounds for Florida State, which shot 37.3 percent (25 of 67).
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- Alston helps Ohio State women beat Wagner 106-47
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP
- No. 20 Northwestern women race away from W. Michigan 86-62