NEWARK, Del. (AP)—Elena Delle Donne scored 17 of her 26 points in the first half and posted seven boards and six assists to spark No. 20 Delaware women past Old Dominion 86-62 Thursday for its 16th straight win.
Lauren Carra tallied 15 points and grabbed eight boards for the Blue Hens, who won their 31st consecutive Colonial Athletic Association game.
Old Dominion (16-9, 7-6) scored the first four points of the game, but Delaware launched a 22-5 run to pull ahead for good. Delle Donne capped the run with a jumper, and the Blue Hens took a 13-point lead, 41-28, into intermission.
Delaware (21-3, 12-0) outshot Old Dominion 53.4 percent (31 of 58) to 37.3 percent (19 of 51) and made 18 of 23 free throws, including 12 in the first half.
Shae Kelley led Old Dominion with 20 points, but leading scorer Jackie Cook was held to 4-of-13 shooting.
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP