No. 14 Texas A&M defeats No. 15 S. Carolina 50-48By PETE IACOBELLI, AP Sports Writer Sunday, Feb 10, 2013
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP)—Kelsey Bone scored 13 points, including the game-winning basket with 8.7 seconds left, in her return to South Carolina as No. 14 Texas A&M outlasted the 15th-ranked Gamecocks 50-48 on Sunday.
Bone was the Southeastern Conference’s newcomer of the year in 2010 when she was a Gamecocks freshman before transferring. She was bottled up most of the second half by South Carolina’s defense, but grabbed Adrienne Pratcher’s missed 3-pointer and went up strong for the decisive basket.
Ieasia Walker’s 3-point try was off the mark as South Carolina’s six-game win streak came to an end.
Bone also collected 15 boards for her 11th double-double of the season and her fourth of the SEC season.
Pratcher and Courtney Walker each had 10 points for the Aggies (19-5, 9-1), who were held to their second fewest points this season.
Ieasia Walker led South Carolina (20-4, 8-3) with 16 points.
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37