CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP)—Leonor Rodriguez led six players in double figures with 21 points as No. 19 Florida State women defeated Atlantic Coast Conference-foe Miami 93-78 Sunday to sweep the season series.
Alexa Deluzio had 20, Natasha Howard 15, Yashira Delgado 14, Lauren Coleman came off the bench to score 11 and Morgan Toles chipped in 10 for Florida State (19-4, 9-3), which defeated Miami 86-65 on Jan. 13.
Morgan Stroman had 16 points and Keyona Hayes grabbed 10 boards for the Hurricanes (16-7, 7-6), who had a two-game winning streak snapped.
Florida State trailed 7-4 before Rodriguez hit a layup to spark a 20-3 run for the Seminoles. Rodriguez and Coleman scored eight apiece during the spurt and Toles capped the spurt with back-to-back jumpers.
The Seminoles outshot Miami 53.8 percent (35 of 65) to 47 percent (35 of 73) and forced 20 turnovers on the strength of 13 steals.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49