CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP)—Leonor Rodriguez led six players in double figures with 21 points as No. 19 Florida State women defeated Atlantic Coast Conference-foe Miami 93-78 Sunday to sweep the season series.
Alexa Deluzio had 20, Natasha Howard 15, Yashira Delgado 14, Lauren Coleman came off the bench to score 11 and Morgan Toles chipped in 10 for Florida State (19-4, 9-3), which defeated Miami 86-65 on Jan. 13.
Morgan Stroman had 16 points and Keyona Hayes grabbed 10 boards for the Hurricanes (16-7, 7-6), who had a two-game winning streak snapped.
Florida State trailed 7-4 before Rodriguez hit a layup to spark a 20-3 run for the Seminoles. Rodriguez and Coleman scored eight apiece during the spurt and Toles capped the spurt with back-to-back jumpers.
The Seminoles outshot Miami 53.8 percent (35 of 65) to 47 percent (35 of 73) and forced 20 turnovers on the strength of 13 steals.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25