No. 16 North Carolina women top Georgia Tech 60-58Sunday, Feb 10, 2013
Ruffin-Pratt hit a jumper with 2:58 remaining, then another with 2:08 left to give the Tar Heels (22-3, 10-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) a 55-54 lead after they surrendered a nine-point, second-half advantage.
The Yellow Jackets (10-14, 3-10) took their final lead, 58-57 with 47 seconds left, on a steal and layup by Tyaunna Marshall, but Ruffin-Pratt’s two free throws put North Carolina back in front and Latifah Coleman’s steal and free throw provided the final margin.
The victory was coach Sylvia Hatchell’s 901st, breaking a tie for second all time with former Texas coach Jody Conradt.
Ruffin-Pratt had 10 rebounds but committed 12 of North Carolina’s 29 turnovers. Coleman had 13 points and Megan Buckland 12.
Marshall led the Yellow Jackets, who committed 31 turnovers, with 19 points and 11 rebounds.
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra