LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP)—Shoni Schimmel led five players in double figures with 22 points and Megan Deines scored 17 off the bench to help No. 11 Louisville rout Big East Conference-foe Pittsburgh 78-45 Saturday for its sixth straight win.
Deines made 7 of 11 shots in just 22 minutes of action, Bria Smith tallied 11 points and Antonita Slaughter and Sara Hammond chipped in 10 apiece for the Cardinals (20-4, 8-2), who shot 48 percent (17 of 35) in the first half.
Pittsburgh (9-14, 0-10), led by Brianna Kiesel’s 14 points, made just 7 of 24 shots in the opening frame and trailed 39-20 at the break. The Panthers committed 26 turnovers, which led to 27 points for Louisville.
The Cardinals opened the second half with a 14-3 run to stretch their lead to 30, 53-23.
The Panthers held a 34-32 rebounding edge but got just 11 points off the bench.
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37