No. 25 Iowa State women defeat Kansas State 87-71Saturday, Feb 9, 2013
The Cyclones (17-5, 8-4 Big 12) also got 12 points from Kidd Blaskowsky and 10 from Anna Prins. Nikki Moody had nine points and 13 assists for Iowa State, which has won three in a row.
Kansas State never led in the game and has lost four in a row, but Brittany Chambers scored a season-high 34 points and grabbed 12 rebounds. Mariah White scored 25 points for the Wildcats (12-11, 3-8), and the 59 combined points is the most for two players in a game in K-State women’s basketball history.
Iowa State shot 61 percent in the first half and built a 51-29 halftime lead. The Cyclones finished at 52 percent and Kansas State ended up shooting 40 percent.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49