The game was Della Donne’s 100th with the Blue Hens (19-3, 10-0 Colonial Athletic Association), and she celebrated by hitting 7 of 14 from the field and 4 of 6 at the foul line. Trumae Lucas added 14 points on 7-of-12 shooting, while Lauren Carra had 13 and Danielle Parker 12 with eight rebounds.
Parker’s final points—two free throws with 5:15 left before halftime— gave her exactly 1,000 points for her career.
Delaware has won 14 straight and 28 consecutive CAA regular season games.
The Blue Hens entered fifth in the country in defensive field goal percentage at 32.4 percent and held Towson to 38.5-percent shooting (20 of 52) Thursday while forcing 19 turnovers.
Tanisha McTiller led Towson (7-15, 1-10) with 16 points.
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75