Andrea Hoover’s 3-pointer broke a 36-36 tie in the second half and started the Flyers (20-1, 8-0 Atlantic 10 Conference) on a 21-7 run that was capped by MacKay’s 3-pointer for a 57-43 lead with 10:04 remaining.
The Musketeers (7-15, 1-7) shot 57.1 percent (16 of 28) in the second half to stay within range, but a 3-pointer by Hoover with 46 seconds left increased Dayton’s lead to nine, 77-68.
Briana Glover scored all 13 of her points for Xavier in the second half, and Amber Gray led the Musketeers with 21 overall.
Four Dayton players joined MacKay in double-figures scoring, with Amber Deane getting 12 and Ally Malott, Kelley Austria and Olivia Applewhite each getting 11. Applewhite also grabbed nine rebounds.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49