Brynn Williamson chipped in 12 points, all from 3-point range, and a team-high seven rebounds for the Cyclones (16-5, 7-4), who shot 49 percent from the floor and were 10 of 24 from beyond the arc. Moody dished out seven assists and had four steals.
Empress Davenport had 13 points for the Longhorns (9-12, 2-8), and Celina Rodrigo and Chassidy Fussell scored 10 apiece. Texas, which entered the game ranked eighth in Division I with a plus-10.9 rebounding margin, was outrebounded 32-31.
The Longhorns scored the game’s first basket, but that was their only lead. Texas closed within 25-24 on Fussell’s fast-break layup with 4:27 left before halftime, but Iowa State closed the half on a 14-0 run and cruised from there.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49