The Hawkeyes (16-7, 5-4) had tied the game with Melissa Dixon’s basket with 3 seconds to play. Dixon led Iowa with 21 points.
Northwestern (11-11, 3-6) trailed 42-27 with 15:26 to play, but pulled even at 49 with 9:21 to play on Kendall Hackney’s basket.
Hackney led the Wildcats with 18 points. Dannielle Diamant had 15 points and seven rebounds, Maggie Lyon scored 12 and Roser had 11 points and eight rebounds.
Jaime Printy had 12 points and Samantha Logic had 11 points and 12 rebounds for Iowa. Morgan Johnson scored 11 before fouling out.
Iowa moved into the rankings this week, but lost at Illinois before this game. The Hawkeyes had won 19 of previous 20 meetings with the Wildcats.
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75