TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP)—Natasha Howard scored 19 points with 11 rebounds as every starter for No. 20 Florida State reached double figures and the Seminoles downed Atlantic Coast Conference foe Clemson 83-61 Sunday.
Florida State (18-4, 8-3) has won six of seven, the lone loss coming to No. 11 North Carolina on Jan. 31.
Howard became the 28th Florida State player to surpass 1,000 points for her career. Chelsea Davis also had 19 points, Leonor Rodriguez and Alexa Deluzio added 16 and Morgan Toles 10 for the Seminoles.
Florida State’s Chasity Clayton sat out after rolling her ankle in the loss against UNC, and is considered day-to-day.
Quinyotta Pettaway turned in 22 points and 10 rebounds for the Tigers (6-15, 2-8), who have lost three of their past four, with all the losses coming to ranked ACC opponents.
Florida State has won nine straight in the rivalry and 20 of the past 21.
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37