No. 12 Louisville women defeat Georgetown 74-60Saturday, Feb 2, 2013
Rodgers, the nation’s second-leading scorer at 23.7 points per game, made just 2 of 17 shots and missed all seven of her 3-point attempts. It was the senior guard’s lowest total, and first game below double figures, since she scored six on Nov. 19, 2011 against Houston.
Slaughter scored 14 first-half points, then began the second with a 3-pointer to give the Cardinals (19-4, 7-2) a 36-29 lead en route to their fifth consecutive win.
Shoni Schimmel, who scored 38 points in Louisville’s 78-75 win over South Florida on Wednesday night, was held to two points in the first half but had 13 in the second. Sara Hammond had 10 points and 11 assists.
Katie McCormick led the Hoyas (13-9, 4-5) with 21 points, 18 in the second half.
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28