Poppens also had nine rebounds, and Hallie Christofferson had 15 points, 10 rebounds and four blocked shots for the Cyclones (15-5, 6-4 Big 12), who trailed 20-12 just past the midway point of the first half.
Iowa State got within 29-25 by halftime, and in the second half the Cyclones shot 59 percent from the field to finish at 49 percent for the game. They also held Texas Tech to 21 percent after halftime and 29 percent overall.
Anna Prins added 12 points and Nicole Blaskowsky scored 10 for Iowa State.
Chynna Brown led the Red Raiders (16-6, 6-4) with 18 points and eight rebounds. Kelsi Baker had 16 points and Monique Smalls scored 12 for Texas Tech.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24