COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP)—Courtney Walker scored 20 points to lead No. 16 Texas A&M to a 60-52 victory over Vanderbilt Thursday night.
Walker, a freshman, was 10 for 13 from the field in matching her season high in points as the Aggies (17-5, 7-1) tied No. 8 Kentucky for second place in the Southeastern Conference.
Texas A&M trailed 27-24 at halftime, but had two 10-0 runs in the second half to win its fifth straight game overall and 11th in a row at home.
Walker was the only Aggie to score in double figures, but Kelsey Bone had eight points, nine rebounds and four assists.
Christina Foggie had 17 points to lead Vanderbilt, and Tiffany Clarke had 14 points and nine rebounds for the Commodores (14-7, 4-4).
The teams met for the first time since 1997.
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit