CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP)—Karisma Penn scored 18 points, Adrienne GodBold and Amber Moore added 17 apiece, and Illinois closed with a 14-2 run over the final 5:11 to knock off No. 24 Iowa 74-62 on Thursday night.
Penn pulled down eight rebounds for the Illini (12-8, 5-3 Big Ten), whose last victory over Iowa in Champaign was Feb. 9, 2003. Ivory Crawford chipped in 14 points to help Illinois surpass its win total from the 2011-12 season.
Samantha Logic had 13 points, 10 rebounds and six assists for the Hawkeyes (16-6, 5-3) but also committed eight of Iowa’s 27 turnovers. Illinois converted those turnovers into 30 points.
What had been a back-and-forth game swung the Illini’s way after Iowa’s Jaime Printy tied it at 60 with a layup with 5:31 to go. The Hawkeyes wouldn’t score again until Kayla Timmerman’s jumper with 13 seconds left, after Illinois had reeled off 14 unanswered points.
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71