RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—Andrea Hoover, Cassie Sant and Olivia Applewhite each notched double-doubles as No. 17 Dayton continued its best Atlantic 10 Conference start, defeating Virginia Commonwealth 60-49 Wednesday night.
All three players grabbed 10 rebounds, with Hoover scoring 15 points, Sant 12 and Applewhite 10. The Flyers (18-1, 6-0), who entered 13th nationally with a plus-9.4 rebound margin, outboarded VCU 42-37.
Robyn Parks, who entered leading the A-10 with 17.8 points per game, scored 17 with 13 rebounds for her seventh double-double of the season. Adaeze Alaeze added 14 points while hitting 7 of 8 free throws for the Rams (8-13, 1-5).
The teams entered one-two atop the A-10 3-point shooting standings, but VCU made just 3 of 12 Wednesday while the Flyers hit 6 of 19.
VCU went nearly 8 minutes without scoring late in the first half, and Dayton used a 19-0 run en route to a 37-19 halftime lead.
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP