No. 12 Louisville women defeat South Florida 78-75Wednesday, Jan 30, 2013
The junior guard hit a two-point jumper and three 3-pointers as the Cardinals (18-4, 6-2) tied the game after trailing 60-51. Another 3 by Schimmel at the 3:05 mark put Louisville ahead to stay, 69-66.
The Bulls (14-6, 3-4) twice got to within a point in the final 21 seconds, but two free throws each by Schimmel and Antonita Slaughter protected the lead.
Louisville, which made no 3-pointers in a 57-54 win Sunday over St. John’s, made 10 of 23 Wednesday, with Schimmel 8-for-14.
Twins Andrell and Andrea Smith led South Florida with 18 and 17 points, respectively.
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra