LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP)—Angel Goodrich forced overtime with a 3-pointer with 16 seconds left in regulation, then scored seven of her team’s 13 points in the extra session, as Kansas erased an 18-point second-half deficit Wednesday night and stunned No. 23 Iowa State 78-75.
Iowa State looked to have the game in hand after Anna Prins’ layup gave the Cyclones (14-5, 5-4 Big 12) a 55-37 lead with 8:56 left. But the Jayhawks (13-6, 4-4) outscored ISU 28-10 the rest of regulation, capping the comeback with Goodrich’s 3-pointer.
In overtime, Goodrich—who finished with 24 points, 10 assists and five steals—made a jumper and a 3-pointer before hitting two free throws to help seal the win.
Natalie Knight added 21 points and Carolyn Davis had 15 for Kansas. Brynn Williamson scored 19 points for Iowa State, while Hallie Christofferson added 18 and Chelsea Poppens had 12 points and 12 rebounds.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49