W. Va. women knock off No. 19 Oklahoma St. 67-61Tuesday, Jan 29, 2013
Caldwell added seven rebounds and six steals for the Mountaineers (12-8, 4-5 Big 12), who snapped a three-game losing streak.
Tiffany Bias and Toni Young had 15 points apiece for the Cowgirls (15-4, 4-4), but Bias committed 11 turnovers. Young extended her streak of double-figures scoring to 27 games, dating to last season.
West Virginia led most of the game and went ahead 48-35 on Caldwell’s 3-pointer 5 minutes into the second half, but Oklahoma State pulled within 58-57 on Young’s free throws with 4:19 to play. The Cowgirls trailed 63-61 after Young’s layup with 1:19 left, but Oklahoma State wouldn’t score again.
The schools split their only two previous meetings. Tuesday’s game was their first as conference opponents.
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- Alston helps Ohio State women beat Wagner 106-47