No. 25 Delaware women defeat Northeastern 77-50Tuesday, Jan 29, 2013
For the Blue Hens (16-3, 7-0), it was also their 26th consecutive Colonial Athletic Association regular-season win.
Delaware, which shot a season-high 56.6 percent (30 of 53) from the floor, never trailed after Delle Donne sank a 3-pointer from the wing on the game’s first possession. The Blue Hens eventually built a 21-6 lead at the 11:27 mark of the first half.
Delle Donne, a 6-foot-5 senior All-American, hit 10 of 16 shots from the floor, including 4-of-6 shooting from 3-point range. After missing six games while dealing with the effects of Lyme Disease, she is averaging 24.5 points per game.
Kashaia Cannon had 10 points for Northeastern (11-8, 4-4), which lost to the Hens for the 23rd straight time. The Huskies shot 32.1 percent (18 of 56) in the contest.
Northeastern cut the Blue Hens’ lead to 37-26 early in the second half. But Delaware answered with a 17-2 run, sinking seven straight shots at one point, to pull away again.
Lauren Carra added 14 points while Danielle Parker had 10 for the Blue Hens. Senior Kayla Miller had a career-high nine assists.
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37