No. 22 Florida State women top Virginia Tech 70-56Sunday, Jan 27, 2013
The win was the Seminoles’ eighth straight in the rivalry, and Florida State (17-3, 7-2) has won the past four contests by an average of 27.0 points.
Davis hit 7 of 12 from the field as the Seminoles shot 45.5 percent (25 of 55), just short of their season average of 48.4 percent, which began the day third nationally.
Leonor Rodriguez added 14 points, Alexa Deluzio 13 and Chastity Clayton scored 12 off the bench. Rodriguez also had four steals.
Monet Teller paced the Hokies (7-12, 1-7) with 18 points, and Uju Ugoka added 10 points on 5-of-20 shooting as Virginia Tech made 37.9 percent (25 of 66) from the floor.
The Hokies committed 23 turnovers and had just 10 assists.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49