DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Amber Deane and Andrea Hoover scored 18 points apiece as No. 17 Dayton routed Massachusetts 83-44 Sunday to win its fifth straight game and remain undefeated in Atlantic 10 Conference play.
The Flyers (17-1, 5-0) forced a season-high 31 turnovers, leading to 40 points, while committing only 13 miscues, and dished out 22 assists.
Dayton came into the game ranked fifth in the nation in scoring offense (80.1 points per game), eighth in scoring margin (+22.6) and seventh in assists (18.5).
The Flyers led 27-5 with 6:34 left in the first half and 41-17 at the break.
Dayton lost the battle of the boards (36-32) for only the second time this season. The only other occasion was by a 43-39 margin in its 65-40 loss to Bowling Green on Dec. 30.
Jasmine Harris, with eight points, was the top scorer for the Minutewomen (3-17, 1-4), who have lost four straight.
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Old Dominion 95-49