No. 18 South Carolina women defeat Arkansas 43-40Sunday, Jan 27, 2013
South Carolina (18-3, 6-2 Southeastern), which has won four in a row, didn’t score after Aleighsa Welch’s three-point play made it 43-36 Gamecocks with 3:44 to play. But Arkansas’ last points came on Calli Berna’s 3-pointer with 59 seconds to go.
Bruner also had seven assists and five steals. Tiffany Mitchell had eight points and a team-high eight rebounds for the Gamecocks, off to their best SEC start since 2001-02.
Arkansas (14-6, 2-5) was led by Jhasmin Bowen with 13 points. Berna and Quistelle Williams each had 10 rebounds for the Razorbacks.
South Carolina has allowed 60 or more points in a game only once this season, ranking third in the nation in scoring defense entering the week.
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75