No. 22 Florida State women beat Georgia Tech 76-71Friday, Jan 25, 2013
The Seminoles (16-3, 6-2) secured their fourth straight win with a 15-3 run after trailing 65-60 with 7:35 remaining. Alexa Deluzio’s three-point play gave them a 69-68 lead at the 4:12 mark before two baskets by Davis and one by Deluzio stretched the lead to 75-68.
Tyaunna Marshall’s 26 points led the Yellow Jackets (8-11, 1-7), who have lost five in a row and all eight of their games against ranked opponents.
Georgia Tech has lost twice to Florida State this season after leading both games at halftime.
The Seminoles, who were averaging 48.3 percent from the field, third nationally, shot 52.7 percent (29 of 55) against the Yellow Jackets, including 54.8 percent (17 of 31) in the second half.
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty