Nebraska women beat No. 25 Michigan State 59-54Thursday, Jan 24, 2013
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP)—Jordan Hooper scored 25 points to lead Nebraska to a 59-54 win over No. 25 Michigan State Thursday night.
Lindsey Moore had 12 points and six assists for Nebraska (14-6, 4-3 Big Ten). Hooper also had seven rebounds for the Cornhuskers, who led most of the way.
Nebraska was ahead 30-23 at halftime and never trailed after that, and led by 10 with just over a minute to play.
Kiana Johnson scored 22 points, making four 3-pointers, to lead the Spartans, who had won three in a row. Michigan State (16-3, 4-2) was playing its first game at Nebraska.
Courtney Schiffauer added 11 points and Jasmine Thomas scored 10 for Michigan State.
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Old Dominion 95-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women beat Utah 70-55
- No. 5 Baylor uses balanced offense to rout Cincinnati 72-34
- No. 25 Iowa women defeat Wright State 83-77
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37