MacKay, No. 18 Dayton women rip Rhode Island 74-48Sunday, Jan 20, 2013
KINGSTON, R.I. (AP)—Sam MacKay scored 16 points, including four-3-pointers, and added five assists and five steals as No. 18 Dayton cruised to a 74-48 win over Rhode Island on Sunday in Atlantic 10 Conference action.
The Flyers (15-1, 3-0), who have won three straight games after losing 65-40 to Bowling Green on Dec. 30, posted their 10th straight win in the series.
With Dayton taking control early to lead 35-19 at intermission, the Rams (5-13, 0-3) opened the second half on an 8-2 run. Dayton answered with a 12-2 burst to pull away for good, sending Rhode Island to its seventh straight loss.
The Flyers forced 25 turnovers, leading to 33 points.
Ally Malott and Andrea Hoover added 11 points apiece for Dayton.
Tayra Melendez, with 13 points, was the only player in double figures for the Rams, who came in averaging the fewest points per game in the A-10 (51.5 points).
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra