No. 22 Florida State women defeat NC State 82-74Sunday, Jan 20, 2013
The Seminoles (15-3, 5-2) used a 22-3 run to overcome a 67-56 N.C. State advantage with 7:36 remaining. A 3-pointer by Deluzio began the run, and two free throws by Chelsea Davis with 2:56 left put Florida State ahead 71-70, its first lead of the second half.
The victory by the Seminoles avenged a 74-71 loss to the Wolfpack (8-11, 0-7) in the first round of last season’s ACC tournament, the last time the teams met.
Davis finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds for Florida State, and Natasha Howard added 12 points.
Kody Burke scored 16 points and Marissa Kastanek 14, and Krystal Barrett had 10 points and eight assists for North Carolina State, which has lost its last six games.
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37