No. 22 Florida St. women top Boston College 67-57Thursday, Jan 17, 2013
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. (AP)—Chastity Clayton’s 14 points paced four Florida State players in double figures as the No. 22 Seminoles topped Atlantic Coast Conference-rival Boston College 67-57 to sweep the season series Thursday night.
Leonor Rodriguez added 13, Alexa Deluzio 12 and Natasha Howard 10 for Florida State (14-3, 4-2), which is now 10-1 all-time against the Eagles.
Freshman Nicole Boudreau led Boston College (8-8, 2-3) with 18 points on 4-of-5 3-point shooting. Kristen Doherty added 12 points and Katie Zenevitch 10 as each player reached double figures for the 10th time this year.
The Eagles used a 12-2 run—including seven points from Kristen Doherty— midway through the second half to cut the Seminoles’ advantage to 50-47 with 8:06 left. Florida State rebounded with a 7-2 run, however, and Boston College never pulled closer than four points again.
Florida State won the team’s previous matchup 76-70 on Dec. 30.
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37