The Tar Heels (17-1, 5-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) scored 22 unanswered points to seize a 22-3 lead on their way to a 41-17 halftime advantage. Krista Gross had all 10 of her points during the early run.
North Carolina shot 53.3 percent (16 of 30) in the first half to 24.2 percent (8 of 33) for the Yellow Jackets (8-8, 1-4), who had won five straight over the Tar Heels.
Brittany Rountree scored 13 points for North Carolina as Sylvia Hatchell earned her 896th career coaching win. Tierra Ruffin-Pratt had 13 points and eight assists and Xylina McDaniel scored 10 points. Waltiea Rolle blocked six shots and made four steals.
Brittany Jackson scored 20 points and Tyaunna Marshall 15 to pace Georgia Tech.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49