No. 15 Louisville women defeat Providence 70-62Saturday, Jan 12, 2013
Antonita Slaughter added 12 points and Monique Reid 11 for the Cardinals (14-3, 2-1), who shot 64 percent (16 of 25) in the first half.
Tori Rule scored 20 points and Symone Roberts had 13 points and seven assists for the Friars (5-10, 0-2), who were facing a ranked opponent for the first time this season.
Louisville led 58-43 with 6:07 remaining after a layup by Reid, but a steal and layup by Evi Iiskola started a 15-5 run that brought the Friars to within 63-58 at the 1:26 mark.
Two free throws apiece by Schimmel and Smith and a three-point play by Smith secured the lead down the stretch for Louisville, which overcame a season-high 26 turnovers.
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61