Poppens was 8 of 13 from the field.
Hallie Christofferson scored 14 points, including four 3-pointers, for the Cyclones (12-2, 3-1 Big 12). Anna Prins had eight points and 10 rebounds. Nikki Moody had nine assists.
Iowa State led 29-24 at halftime and never trailed in the second half, leading by as much as 25 points. Iowa State shot 39.6 percent from the field for the game, while TCU shot 38.6 percent. Iowa State outrebounded TCU 44-25.
Zahna Medley scored 11 points for TCU (7-8, 0-4). Latricia Lovings had seven rebounds.
Iowa State has won eight-straight home games. The Cyclones have a 3-0 edge in the all-time series with TCU.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24