Wake Forest women beat No. 18 Florida State 80-72Thursday, Jan 10, 2013
Dearica Hamby added 23 points and Chelsea Douglas 14 for the Demon Deacons (9-6, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Conference), who led by 11 with 7:01 left before the Seminoles closed to 69-67 with 2:56 remaining.
Hamby answered with a layup and Wake Forest hit 9 for 14 from the line in the final 2:32.
Florida State (12-3, 2-2), coming off a 71-64 loss at No. 8 Maryland, closed the first half on a 12-3 run to lead 36-33 at the break
Chelsea Davis, who led the Seminoles with 25 points, scored seven of Florida State’s first 10 points of the second half to help open up an eight-point lead.
Wake Forest then launched a 27-8 run to move in front for good.
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- Alston helps Ohio State women beat Wagner 106-47