LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP)—Antonita Slaughter drained a 3-pointer to open overtime and finished the extra frame with six of her 10 points as No. 15 Louisville earned its first Big East Conference win, topping Rutgers 66-57 Tuesday night.
Shoni Schimmel set a season-high for the second straight game with 21 points, none bigger than a jumper with 6 seconds left in regulation to force a 52-all tie that carried into overtime.
Slaughter hit her 3-pointer 13 seconds into overtime, and Sara Hammond followed with a trey about a minute later for a 58-52 lead. Schimmel tacked on a jumper and Slaughter a free throw for a 61-52 lead with 40 seconds to play.
Monique Reid added 18 points for Louisville (13-3, 1-1).
Erica Wheeler paced Rutgers (9-6, 0-2) with 18 points. Monique Oliver, who has been battling a sprained left ankle, scored 10 points with nine rebounds in 36 minutes.
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Old Dominion 95-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women beat Utah 70-55
- No. 5 Baylor uses balanced offense to rout Cincinnati 72-34
- No. 25 Iowa women defeat Wright State 83-77
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37