Texas Tech defeats No. 13 Oklahoma St. women 64-59Wednesday, Jan 2, 2013
STILLWATER, Okla. (AP)—Chynna Brown scored 15 points, including a tie-breaking 3-pointer with 45 seconds to play, and Texas Tech defeated No. 13 Oklahoma State 64-59 Wednesday night in the Big 12 opener for both schools.
Kelsi Baker had 14 points and six rebounds as the Lady Raiders (11-2) stopped Oklahoma State’s winning streak at 17 games. The streak, which extended to last season’s Cowgirls WNIT title, had been the longest in the nation.
Monique Smalls scored 12 points. Smalls and Casey Morris made two free throws apiece down the stretch for Texas Tech, which has won four of the last five in the series against OSU.
Tiffany Bias led the Cowgirls (11-1) with 27 points and Toni Young had 12 points and 12 rebounds before fouling out. The Cowgirls led 18-5 just 8 minutes into the game, but Texas Tech came back to lead 32-27 at halftime.
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- Alston helps Ohio State women beat Wagner 106-47