Louisville wins big over Tennessee State 88-25Monday, Dec 31, 2012
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP)—Monique Reid scored 20 points and Sara Hammond and Sheronne Vails each had double-doubles as No. 11 Louisville earned a third consecutive blowout victory by beating Tennessee State 88-25 Monday night.
The 25 points allowed tied the Louisville (12-2) record for fewest, set against Centre College on Nov. 29, 1977. The 63-point margin of victory was the sixth largest in Cardinals’ history—they notched the second largest with a 74-point win over Wagner in their last game on Dec. 21.
The Cardinals have beaten their past three opponents by an average of 59.3 points. The team also has victories of 56, 47, 38 and 34 points this year.
Hammond had 16 points and 11 rebounds, while Vails had 10 points and 10 boards.
The Tigers (4-8) were just 9-of-54 shooting (16.7 percent) and were outrebounded 51-23.
Louisville scored 33 points off 22 Tennessee State turnovers.
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28