TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP)—Alexa Deluzio continued to be a thorn in Boston College’s side Sunday, guiding No. 21 Florida State to its fourth straight victory, 76-70, in each team’s Atlantic Coast Conference opener.
Deluzio, who scored a career-high 28 points at BC (6-5) in a 68-59 win last year, tallied 25 points and 12 rebounds Sunday. Natasha Howard also had a double-double for the Seminoles (11-1) with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Florida State entered leading the ACC in field goal percentage at 49.5 percent, and made 50 percent (31 of 62) Sunday, though they made 1 of 6 from 3-point range.
The Eagles trailed 37-30 at halftime but held close in the second. BC’s Katie Zenevitch made a layup to cut Florida State’s lead to 72-70 with 1:52 left, but Morgan Toles hit a jumper and Deluzio and two free throws for the Seminoles while the Eagles missed their last three shots.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25