No. 19 South Carolina women top W. Carolina 66-44Saturday, Dec 29, 2012
Ieasia Walker had nine points for South Carolina (12-2), and her five blocks pushed her over the 200 mark for her career, the 13th Gamecocks player to reach that milestone.
Makensey Campbell and Lindsay Simpson scored nine points apiece for the Catamounts (3-9), who have lost five games in a row.
South Carolina shot 50 percent from the field (28 of 56) and 66.7 percent on 3-pointers (6 of 9). The Gamecocks won the turnover battle with 10 to the Catamounts’ 20.
The only suspect statistic from South Carolina was the 4-of-14 shooting from the line.
The Gamecocks led 29-18 at halftime, but with 13:38 left in the second, the advantage was 47-27.
South Carolina’s only loss came against No. 1 Stanford, 53-49, on Dec. 19.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25