Kresl was 5 of 5 from 3-point range, tying a school record for most 3-point attempts without a miss.
Arielle Roberson scored 18 points, and Chucky Jeffery had 11 points, eight assists and eight rebounds. Jen Reese added 10 points.
Colorado never trailed. Colorado led 39-21 at halftime and went on a 21-4 run to open the second half.
Colorado shot 50.8 percent from the field for the game, while New Mexico shot 30 percent. New Mexico had 23 turnovers.
Antiesha Brown led New Mexico (8-5) with 10 points, and Jourdan Erskine had seven rebounds.
This was Coach Linda Lappe’s career 100th win and her 50th in three years with Colorado.
- No. 21 Oklahoma women beat Utah 70-55
- No. 5 Baylor uses balanced offense to rout Cincinnati 72-34
- No. 25 Iowa women defeat Wright State 83-77
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61