No. 24 Texas A&M women defeat Prairie View 74-52Friday, Dec 28, 2012
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP)—Kelsey Bone had 18 points and nine rebounds and No. 24 Texas A&M defeated Prairie View 74-52 Friday night.
Kristi Bellock scored 14 points and Courtney Walker and Karla Gilbert scored 11 apiece for the winners.
Bone matched her season averages in points and rebounds as the Aggies (9-4) won in their first game since last Friday’s 83-74 loss to No. 5 Notre Dame in Las Vegas. Texas A&M shot 54 percent and led 39-19 at halftime. The Aggies only attempted two 3-pointers and missed both. Prairie View was 4 for 12 from behind the arc.
Latia Williams scored 14 points and JaQuandria Williams added 11 points to lead the Panthers (3-7).
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49