Oklahoma State women beat Texas-Arlington 90-54Saturday, Dec 22, 2012
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—Brittney Martin recorded the first triple-double in Cowgirls history and Toni Young scored 21 points on 10-of-13 shooting Saturday, helping No. 15 Oklahoma State improve to 9-0 for the third time in school history with a 90-54 win over Texas-Arlington.
Martin, a freshman, had 10 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists, along with five steals and two blocks.
Liz Donohoe added 19 points, Tiffany Bias chipped in 14 and Lindsey Keller had 13 for the Cowgirls, who shot 53.5 percent from the field and never trailed. OSU’s 9-0 start is the school’s first since the 1995-96 team won its first 10 games.
Desherra Nwanguma led the Mavericks (2-8) with 15 points and Eboni Watkins had 11. Texas-Arlington shot just 33 percent from the field, was outrebounded 45-29 and committed 17 turnovers.
Oklahoma State led 52-24 at halftime, scoring the last 12 points of the first half, and cruised from there.
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37