No. 23 Florida St women rout UNC Greensboro 93-63Saturday, Dec 22, 2012
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Chasity Clayton scored 21 points to lead Florida State as the 23rd-ranked Seminoles dispatched UNC Greensboro 93-63 Saturday.
Clayton, who made 8 of 10 shots, scored 10 points during a 23-0 run by Florida State (10-1) after the Spartans (3-7) had taken an early 9-7 lead.
The Seminoles led 55-22 by halftime, holding UNC Greensboro to 26.7 percent shooting (8 of 30) while making 47.8 percent (22 of 46) themselves.
UNC Greensboro actually outscored Florida State 41-38 in the second half, making 9 of 16 from 3-point range (56.3 percent) against a Seminoles team that had been holding opponents to 21.8 percent on 3-pointers coming into the game.
Lucy Mason scored 17 of her 21 points for the Spartans in the second half, making 5 of 7 treys.
Alex Deluzio contributed 12 points for Florida State, Natasha Howard and Leonor Rodriguez scored 11 each and Chelsea Davis added 10.
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points