No. 21 South Carolina beats SC State 65-45Friday, Dec 21, 2012
Welch finished with 16 points and 14 rebounds—eight offensive—for the Gamecocks (11-1), who bounced back with a strong performance after losing to No. 1 Stanford 53-49 this week. Elem Ibiam scored 11 points and Ieasia Walker had six steals.
South Carolina State’s Paris Alston made a jumper to cut the score to 26-21 with 2:47 left in the first half. But South Carolina held the Bulldogs scoreless for nearly eight minutes between the two halves, scoring 15 straight points to claim a 20-point lead—its largest of the contest.
South Carolina State did not score until Tiara Knott made a layup with 15:02 left in the game.
Knott finished with 14 points before fouling out for the Bulldogs (8-3).
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- No. 25 Iowa women defeat Wright State 83-77
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25