WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP)—Courtney Moses scored 18 points, Drey Mingo added 13 along with eight rebounds and No. 13 Purdue used a big second-half run to beat IUPUI 78-53 on Friday and extend its best start in a decade.
The Boilermakers (11-1) led 36-28 at halftime but blew the game open with a 14-2 run in the first 6:11 of the second half that put them up by 20 on IUPUI (6-7).
DeAirra Goss, who led all scorers with 24 points, got IUPUI within 62-47 with a fastbreak layup with 7:30 remaining but the Jaguars couldn’t get any closer and finished the game shooting just 36.7 percent.
Mosses also had four assists and four steals, and Sam Ostarello added 15 points and KK Houser had 13 for Purdue, which has won six straight games and is off to its best start since 2002-03. Akilah Sims had 10, but was the only IUPUI player besides Goss to score in double figures.
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP