Duquesne women upset No. 24 West Virginia 62-54Thursday, Dec 20, 2012
Agunbiade now has 994 points for her career. Orsi Szecsi added 12 points and Vanessa Abel 10 for the Dukes (11-1).
The win was Duquesne’s second over a ranked opponent this year after beating then-No. 17 Delaware on Nov. 14. Duquesne has now beaten four ranked opponents since coach Suzie McConnell-Serio took over in 2007 after having beaten one in program history previously.
The win was the second straight for Duquesne against West Virginia following an 11-game losing streak in the series from 1995-2011.
Christal Caldwell led the Mountaineers (7-3) with 13 points.
West Virginia shot just 29.8 percent (17 of 57) from the field, including 3 of 11 on 3-point tries, had just five assists and committed 23 turnovers. The Mountaineers did win the rebound battle 48-37.
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28