No. 14 Louisville women rout Washington St. 75-39Tuesday, Dec 18, 2012
The Cardinals (10-2), who had lost two of their previous three games, shot 46.3 percent (31 of 67) compared to 32 percent (16 of 50) for the Cougars.
Washington State (3-6), coming off a 62-55 upset win over No. 20 Ohio State on Dec. 15, posted its lowest point total of the season.
Tied at 11 after 11 minutes, Louisville closed out the half on a 24-3 run.
Bria Smith added 13 points, Shoni Schimmel 12 and Jude Schimmel 10 for the Cardinals, who were playing their first game without starting forward Shawnta’ Dyer. The sophomore, who was averaging 7.5 points and 5.5 rebounds per game, tore her ACL and MCL in her left knee during practice Sunday and is out for the rest of the season.
Lia Galdeira’s 13 points led Washington State.
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37
- Disterhoft leads No. 25 Iowa women to 64-50 win over Houston
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 15 Duke women roll over Texas State 85-34 in Cancun
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62