Samantha Mackay had a strong all-around game with 13 points, 10 assists, seven rebounds, and three steals for Dayton (11-0).
Olivia Applewhite added 15 points and six rebounds off the bench for the Flyers.
Leading 5-4, Dayton went on a 29-10 run to take a 34-14 lead with 9:39 remaining in the first half. Hoover made three of the eight Dayton 3-pointers in the first half and scored 15 points in the period to help the Flyers take a 50-33 lead into halftime.
Dayton opened the second half on a 15-2 run to blow open the game 65-35 with 13:31 left to play.
Akron (8-3) shot just 29.4 percent (10 for 34) in the second half.
Rachel Tecca led the Zips with 13 points and six rebounds.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25